In the Flow with Healing Waters
The 5 A’s of Liver Congestion
Did you know that your liver is affected by how you react to situations, how you take care of yourself, what you put in your body, and how being mindful and aware of how you are and what you do can change the health of your liver?
The liver can get congested by emotions and chemicals that we put in our bodies. Below is a list of our top 5 things that congest a liver. The good news is that it doesn’t have to stay congested and we can support you in your liver wellness.
What congests our liver? Here are our top 5!
- Alcohol- Yes, our adult beverages can cause liver congestion. Even a few drinks per week can add stress to an already overloaded liver.
- Anesthesia- Surgery is already a difficult event on the body. Anesthesia can increase liver enzymes and bilirubin levels in the body. This includes dental anesthesia.
- Antidepressants-Long term use of these medications can actually damage your liver. This means regular liver flushes and liver support are essential when taking them.
- Antibiotics- There are several antibiotics that cause liver injury. Antibiotics are difficult for the liver to break down. It is important to have liver flushes after finishing a course of them.
- Anger-Your liver processes emotions too! Swallowing anger and being too nice are hard on the liver. They create heat and slow down its natural function.
This is just a sampling of items that cause liver congestion. Stay tuned next week for more information on liver function, congestion and ways you can support your liver.
-Allow the Flow